TV Takeaway–Unscripted

One of the things I like about written communication is that it gives you the opportunity to edit yourself. Before I post anything on this blog, I have the opportunity to look over it, check my wording, and make it as good as possible. You can do the same thing with texting and e-mail too. It’s great.

But recently I got to thinking, what if I showed people how my thought process looks on the first try? So, for my first video post on this blog, I got together with my friend Haley and had her ask me some questions about screenwriting.

I edited the video for time, so there was a significant amount of selection involved, but all of my responses here are unscripted. Watch and enjoy. Or, alternatively, watch and be glad that writing is my preferred mode of discourse.

By the way, we hit ‘stop’ before I realized that I’d mentioned a workshop without giving a time or place for it. The creative writing workshop will take place at 5pm on March the 27th at the Texas State Writing Center. It will be preceded at 4pm by a workshop on screenwriting specifically.

2 thoughts on “TV Takeaway–Unscripted

1. Dear Radio Face,
    I think your face is good enough for video.
    Also, great job! The 3-minute farewell was the best part. The unscripted interaction between the two of you clicked really well during that section, Maybe you should do more videos as a team/duo thing.

2. I’ve always wondered about the laziness of writers when killing off characters! YouTube videos at the end are a great way to finish up!